November 1st Anderson University HR Conference
Conference Theme is "Unify HR"
Earn 6 SHRM PDCs & 6 hours of HRCI recertification credit
Presented by Anderson University Student SHRM Chapter
8:30 - 5:00 PM, Anderson University Student Center
November 1st GSHRM Networking Social - FREE!
Presented by the GSHRM Membership Committee
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM, The Saltz Spa, 103A Regency Commons Dr., Greer
Award Nominations Open Now through October 15th
It's time to submit nominations for this year's HR Awards, now through October 15th. Awards include the HR Professional of the Year, the Lifetime Achievement, the Diversity & Inclusion - Organization Award, and the Diversity & Inclusion - Unsung Hero Award. Visit Awards for details and to make your nomination of a worthy colleague.
When considering a nomination, ask yourself these questions:
- Who can I recognize in my own company or association?
- Is it my time to reach out for some well deserved recognition?
- Who has challenged me or helped me by providing “best practices” or benchmarking information?
- Who, if their successes are not recognized, might not have another opportunity for recognition?
- Who has consistently served as an example of professional excellence?
- Whose time has come to be an inspiration for others?
- Whose time has come to be acknowledged as a leader in our profession?
Walter L. Martin Memorial Scholarship Program Applications Accepted from October 1st - November 30th
GSHRM provides scholarships for dependent children of members of GSHRM. The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (CSA), an independent non-profit organization, is administering the program for GSHRM.
This newsletter gives the eligibility requirements for this scholarship. A questions and answers sheet is also available. If your child meets all the requirements and is interested in applying for the scholarship, please have them apply on-line at https://www.scholarshipprograms.org/gshrm/.
Please contact the Scholarship Administrator with any questions:
GSHRM Walter L. Martin Memorial Scholarship Administrator
Phone: (864) 268-3363
The Workforce Readiness Committee is looking for members to share best practices on job searching, which they will add to the latest edition of the Workforce Readiness Guide. For more information contact Beth Baulig.
Congratulations to Julie Sparklin on winning the free registration to attend this year's SC Employer Summit on Hiring People with Disabilities!
2019 Board Nominees
Please vote now for 2019 GSHRM board members. An email with a link to the voting ballot was sent to all members at 4:00 pm, October 9th. If you missed the email, click here to access the ballot. Voting will continue through October 15th.
President - Debra Ham
President-elect - Leanne Fuller
Treasurer - Andrew Wolff
Treasurer-elect - Freda Lark
Legislative Affairs Director - Mark Bakker
Membership Director - Courtney Goforth
Workforce Readiness Director - Kelly Shumaker
Sponsorship Director - Susan Jones
Be a Mentor!
GSHRM needs members with 10+ years of HR experience to share their knowledge. If you can be a mentor to an HR professional mentee, please contact Jennifer.Floyd@midcountryfinancial.com right away. Mentees are waiting!
List your industry type and/or services offered in the GSHRM Membership Directory so that other members can find you. Log in and go to Member Editor to edit your Business Category. It's that simple!
2018 GSHRM Monthly Membership Meeting Dates & Times. All meetings held at the Poinsett Club.
2018 GSHRM Board Members (pictured here)
- Lucas Asper, Legislative Affairs Director, 2017-18
- Beth Baulig, Workforce Readiness Director, 2017-18
- Laura Bogardus, Chapter Operations Director
- Leigh Anna Compton, Treasurer-elect, 2018
- Jennifer Floyd, Student & Early Career Director, 2018-19
- Donna Gaddis, Membership Director, 2017-18
- Debra Ham, President-elect, 2018
- Freda Lark, Treasurer, 2018
- Jada Magiera, Diversity & Inclusion Director, 2018-19
- Nancy McCartney, President, 2018
- Steve Nail, Past President & Chair of 2018 HR Management Conference
- Jenni Stone, Communications Director, 2018-19
- Clarence Wong, Professional Development Director, 2018-19
- Latest legislative updates
- Join a committee
- Mentoring program
- Employment resources
- Job Mart job postings
- ...and more
Sponsor or Advertise