January 17 Lunch Meeting Co-sponsored with NGU. No cost to attend.
Hiring Heroes - Recruiting and Retaining Veterans
1 Hour of SHRM professional development & HRCI recertification credit
January 24 Full Day Training Co-sponsored with Touch the Future. $50 to attend.
Primer on Federal Disability Employment Law
7.75 Hours of SHRM professional development & HRCI recertification credit
February 6 Monthly Membership Lunch Meeting
LEAN for HR
SHRM & HRCI credit pending
Membership - Welcome New Members
List your industry type and/or services offered in the GSHRM Membership Directory so that other members can find you. Log in and go to Member Editor to edit your Business Category. It's that simple!
Business Directory Categories:
Background and Drug Screening Services
Benefits, Finance, and Insurance
Career Coaching, Life Coaching, Leadership Coaching
Event Space and Venues
Government & Nonprofit
Leadership & Organizational Development
Legal, Accounting, and Other Professional Services
Manufacturing, Automotive, and Distribution Centers
Medical and Health Related
Recruiting and Staffing Services
Research, Data, and Surveys
Retail and Food/Beverage
Speaker on HR Topics
Other Business Category
Congratulations Teresa Baker, Tim Baymiller, and Lisa Higgins!
with The Spinx Company
recently earned her PHR.
with Westin Poinsett Hotel
recently earned his SHRM-SCP.
with HKA Enterprises
recently earned her SPHR.
January Member Spotlight
Michaela Kerber, HR Employee Relations Manager, Bertrandt US, Inc.
1. What made you want to join GSHRM?
Ten months ago I moved to the Upstate from Germany. I worked there as an HR Manager with additional certification as a personal and business coach. So it was a pleasure for me to hear about GSHRM and to get the possibility of a membership. It is really interesting to me to see and understand the differences between HR in the US and Germany. I want to gain professional experience here in the US. In addition to participating on the Workforce Readiness Committee, attending the monthly meetings is very helpful for my professional goals.
2. What do you enjoying doing outside of work?/ what are your hobbies?
I like running, cycle classes and hiking especially in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
3. Where is your hometown?
Ried, which is a small village close to Munich in Germany.
GSHRM featured on the SHRM website! SHRM Chapters Advocate for Workers with Disabilities
HR MENTORS NEEDED!
Do you have 10+ years of progressive HR experience and a desire to help shape the future of HR? Mentees need you to be a mentor in 2018! Several mentees are waiting. Contact Jennifer Floyd today to learn more.
The South Carolina SHRM State Council will be hosting its 24th Annual South Carolina SHRM State Conference, held September 24-26, 2018 at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes, 8400 Costa Verde Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC. GSHRM offers two scholarships per year to attend the conference. Find out more about scholarships.
2018 GSHRM Monthly Membership Meeting Dates & Times. All meetings held at the Poinsett Club.
According to a recent membership survey, lunch meeting times are preferred by most members.
- February 6, Lunch - LEAN for HR
- March 6, Lunch
- April 3, Lunch
- May 1, Lunch
- June 5, Lunch
- July 10, Evening SHRM Foundation Event
- August - no monthly membership meeting
- September 11, Lunch
- October 2, Lunch
- November 6, Lunch
- December 10, Annual Dinner Meeting
2018 GSHRM Board Members
- Nancy McCartney, President, 2018
- Freda Lark, President-elect & Treasurer, 2018
- Leigh Anna Compton, Treasurer-elect, 2018
- Steve Nail, Past President & Chair of HR Management Conference
- Danielle White, Communications Director, 2018-19
- Jada Jacobs, Diversity & Inclusion Director, 2018-19
- Lucas Asper, Legislative Affairs Director, 2017-18
- Donna Gaddis, Membership Director, 2017-18
- Clarence Wong, Professional Development Director, 2018-19
- Jennifer Floyd, Student & Early Career Director, 2018-19
- Beth Baulig, Workforce Readiness Director, 2017-18
- Laura Bogardus, Chapter Operations Director
- Latest legislative updates
- Join a committee
- Mentoring program
- Employment resources
- Job Mart job postings
- ...and more
Sponsor or Advertise