October 24: Decoding the Mystery of Disability Employment Lunch & Learn #4. Topic is Disability Employment – A Map for Success
November 7: GSHRM Membership (Dinner) Meeting: Topic is South Carolina and State-specific Legislative Issues
Fundraising for SHRM Foundation during November & December Membership Meetings - 50/50 Raffle!
Membership - Welcome New Members
Walter L. Martin Memorial Scholarship applications for dependent children of GSHRM members to attend college will be accepted October 1 through December 1.
HR Awards Nominations are open:
- Nominate a colleague for HR Professional of the Year or Lifetime Achievement.
- If you completed a nomination form at the September 5th membership meeting, we did not receive it - please contact email@example.com or complete the online application.
2018 GSHRM Board Members Announced!
- Nancy McCartney, President, 2018
- Freda Lark, President-elect & Treasurer, 2018
- Leigh Anna Compton, Treasurer-elect, 2018
- Steve Nail, Past President & Chair of HR Management Conference
- Danielle White, Communications Director, 2018-19
- Jada Jacobs, Diversity & Inclusion Director, 2018-19
- Lucas Asper, Legislative Affairs Director, 2017-18
- Donna Gaddis, Membership Director, 2017-18
- Clarence Wong, Professional Development Director, 2018-19
- Jennifer Floyd, Student & Early Career Director, 2018-19
- Beth Baulig, Workforce Readiness Director, 2017-18
- Laura Bogardus, Chapter Operations Director
October Member Spotlight on Wendy Westmoreland, Director of Human Resources, Habitat for Humanity of Greenville
1. How did you get into HR?
Habitat Greenville is a non-profit organization and like most non-profits, employees often have to wear more than one hat. I started at Habitat 6 years ago as the Executive Assistant to the President. Four years ago, the person that had been doing our HR left the organization, so I began taking responsibility for some of the HR functions. After receiving my HR Generalist Certification from Greenville Tech and often seeking the advice of our HR Consultant, my HR responsibilities increased over the next few years. Our small non-profit is on the cusp of reaching 50 employees (we are currently at 47), so we decided that it was time for a dedicated HR person. I moved into this role full time in July 2017.
2. What is your favorite restaurant in Greenville?
My grandson loves Kanpai of Tokyo, so if it’s his favorite, it’s my favorite. And he likes the Hibachi Chicken, or as we say in the south, the “How boutcha’ chicken”.
3. What are your hobbies outside of work?
I like to take car trips, especially to Raleigh NC to visit my son.
4. What does leadership mean to you?
A leader is someone who is willing to share their knowledge and passion with you to help you achieve things that you never thought you could.
- Latest legislative updates
- Join a committee
- Mentoring program
- Employment resources
- Job Mart job postings
- ...and more
Sponsor or Advertise