June Monthly Membership Meeting: HR Leaders Discussion
11:30 am - 1:30 pm, June 4
Poinsett Club, Greenville
HRCI and SHRM Recertification Credits Offered
Platinum Sponsor: Greenville Technical College
Beyond Compliance: Innovative Workplace Strategies for the Future
June 25 offered at two times, two locations
University Center of Greenville and Anderson University
HRCI and SHRM Recertification Credits Offered
Presented by Anderson University
GSHRM Networking Event & SHRM Foundation Silent Auction
5 - 8 pm, July 16
Courtyard Marriott Downtown
Gold Sponsor: Total HR
The SC SHRM State Council cordially invites SC HR professionals to attend a reception Monday, June 24, 2019, from 5 pm until 7 pm at the Wynn Encore Hotel in Las Vegas Nevada. If you are a resident of SC attending the SHRM National Conference, you are invited to attend this event. Please join us for food, drinks, and an opportunity to network with other South Carolina HR professionals.
Due to space limitations, this is an invite-only event. If you would like to attend, please email the SC SHRM State Director, Elliott Wilson, at [email protected]
Register for the FREE Veterans at Work Certificate Program - GSHRM will recognize the first 25 chapter members that complete the program during the October meeting and with a special luncheon! Register and complete the certificate!
Register for our Veterans at Work Certificate program! Developed for HR professionals, hiring managers and front-line supervisors, this new multi-faceted program from the SHRM Foundation will enable participants to:
- Learn the value that skilled veterans bring to the civilian workplace
- Demonstrate their commitment to attract, hire and retain these talented professionals
- Earn 10 professional development credits toward SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification
The Veterans at Work Certificate is complimentary and open to all. The program requires the completion of five tasks: two surveys, two learning segments, and a short quiz.
The Veterans at Work Certificate program is made possible due to the generous sponsorship from Comcast NBCUniversal and in partnership with PsychArmor Institute®.
Share your HR knowledge with a GSHRM mentee. If you have 10+ years of HR experience and can be a mentor to an HR professional mentee, please contact [email protected]. Learn more about GSHRM mentoring.
The SHRM State Council and the GSHRM board have signed the pledge to Get Talent Back to Work. As an individual or company, you can join business leaders throughout the country to sign the pledge and take action to improve rehabilitation and re-entry opportunities for thousands of people with criminal backgrounds. Learn more at GettingTalentBackToWork.org. For local resources visit Greenville Reentry Coalition.
Congratulations James R. Dye on the new position in HR & Safety with Fuyao Glass South Carolina, Inc.!
The South Carolina SHRM State Council and The SC Chamber have joined forces to host the 2019 South Carolina SHRM State Conference. It will be held September 25th - 27th, 2019 at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes.
Click here for Attendee registration.
Click here for Exhibitor and Sponsor registration.
This year, the SHRM Foundation will proudly award $500,000+ to HR professionals and students. The first rounds of applications are now open:
- SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition Scholarship - five scholarships to SHRM members interested in attending the SHRM19 in Las Vegas, NV on June 23-26.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification Scholarship - 110 scholarships this first round of $750 for SHRM Certification exam and preparation.
GSHRM Scholarships Available. GSHRM provides scholarships to members for conference attendance as well as certification exam reimbursement.
GSHRM is the proud recipient of a 2018 SHRM Pinnacle Award for highly notable contributions to the HR profession, recognizing the development and sustainability of a program educating employers on reliable methods and techniques in successfully hiring individuals with disabilities. Link to Press Release
L to R: Paychex Sponsor, Debra Ham, Steve Nail, Laura Bogardus,
Robyn Knox, Leanne Fuller, and SHRM President/CEO Johnny Taylor
List your industry type and/or services offered in the GSHRM Membership Directory so that other members can find you. Log in and go to Member Editor to edit your Business Category.
2019 GSHRM Membership Meeting Dates
All are lunchtime and held at the Poinsett Club unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, June 4th (New Member Orientation)
- Tuesday, July 16th - Networking Event & SHRM Foundation Fundraiser
- Tuesday, August 6th
- Tuesday, September 10th (New Member Orientation)
- Tuesday, October 1st
- Tuesday, November 5th (New Member Orientation)
- Monday, December 9th - Evening Annual Meeting & Awards
- President - Debra Ham
- President-elect - Leanne Fuller
- Past President & HR Conference Chair - Nancy McCartney
- Treasurer - Andrew Wolff
- Treasurer-elect - Freda Lark
- Legislative Affairs Director - Mark Bakker
- Membership Director - Courtney Goforth
- Workforce Readiness Director - Kelly Shumaker
- Sponsorship Director - Susan Jones
- Student & Early Career Director - Jennifer Floyd (Year 2)
- Professional Development Director - Clarence Wong (Year 2)
- Diversity & Inclusion Director - Jada Magiera (Year 2)
- Communications Director - Jenni Stone (Year 2)
- Chapter Operations Director - Laura Bogardus
- Latest legislative updates
- Join a committee
- Mentoring program
- Employment resources
- Job Mart job postings
- ...and more
Sponsor or Advertise