March 13th: Background Checks: Legal Compliance and the Effects of the New SC Expungement Law
11:30 AM Check in; 12 - 1:30 PM Meeting
North Greenville University - Greer Campus
405 Lancaster Avenue, Greer
March 22nd: Engaging the Untapped Workforce (Free)
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Meeting
SC MEP, 37 Villa Road, Suite 500, Greenville
March 26th: Beyond Compliance: Innovative Workplace Strategies for the Future
First part in a 4 part series.
Two locations: University Center Greenville (8:15 - 9:45 am) and Anderson University (11:30 - 1 pm)
April 2nd Membership Lunch Meeting: Transforming Healthcare Together
11:30 AM Check in; 12 - 1:30 PM Meeting
Poinsett Club, Greenville
RSVP by 5 pm, Thursday, March 28th (late registrations incur $5 late fee)
* Thank You GSHRM Program Sponsors: Godshall Professional Recruiting Staffing and Prisma Health (formerly Greenville Health System)
Register for the FREE Veterans at Work Certificate Program - GSHRM will recognize the first 25 chapter members that complete the program during the October meeting and with a special luncheon! Register and complete the certificate!
Register for our Veterans at Work Certificate program! Developed for HR professionals, hiring managers and front-line supervisors, this new multi-faceted program from the SHRM Foundation will enable participants to:
- Learn the value that skilled veterans bring to the civilian workplace
- Demonstrate their commitment to attract, hire and retain these talented professionals
- Earn 10 professional development credits toward SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification
The Veterans at Work Certificate is complimentary and open to all. The program requires the completion of five tasks: two surveys, two learning segments, and a short quiz.
The Veterans at Work Certificate program is made possible due to the generous sponsorship from Comcast NBCUniversal and in partnership with PsychArmor Institute®.
Share your HR knowledge with a GSHRM mentee. If you have 10+ years of HR experience and can be a mentor to an HR professional mentee, please contact Jennifer.Floyd@midcountryfinancial.com. Mentees are waiting!
The SHRM State Council and the GSHRM board have signed the pledge to Get Talent Back to Work. As an individual or company, you can join business leaders throughout the country to sign the pledge and take action to improve rehabilitation and re-entry opportunities for thousands of people with criminal backgrounds. Learn more at GettingTalentBackToWork.org. For local resources visit Greenville Reentry Coalition.
Columbia SHRM will host a spring virtual study group starting this week. If you are a member of a local chapter, you can join the study group for a nominal charge. This is a great option for members who have purchased the online certification materials but would like the added benefit of being part of a study group! Sessions will be held weekly from March 6 – May 8, 2019 at 5:45pm. Click here for more information. Below is the link for interested participants to register.
Congratulations to Tiffany Stadler on earning her SPHR!
This year, the SHRM Foundation will proudly award $500,000+ to HR professionals and students. The first rounds of applications are now open:
- SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition Scholarship - five scholarships to SHRM members interested in attending the SHRM19 in Las Vegas, NV on June 23-26.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification Scholarship - 110 scholarships this first round of $750 for SHRM Certification exam and preparation.
GSHRM provides scholarships to members for conference attendance as well as certification exam reimbursement.
Last chance to renew your GSHRM membership! Dues rates are the same as last year: $50 for professionals and professional partners that are also members of SHRM; $75 for all other professionals and professional partners; $45 for students; $0 for retired members. Log in to greenvillehr.org to renew online.
GSHRM was recently awarded the 2018 Chapter Champion designation from the SHRM Foundation! Thanks to everyone that contributed!
GSHRM is the proud recipient of a 2018 SHRM Pinnacle Award for highly notable contributions to the HR profession, recognizing the development and sustainability of a program educating employers on reliable methods and techniques in successfully hiring individuals with disabilities. Link to Press Release
L to R: Paychex Sponsor, Debra Ham, Steve Nail, Laura Bogardus,
Robyn Knox, Leanne Fuller, and SHRM President/CEO Johnny Taylor
List your industry type and/or services offered in the GSHRM Membership Directory so that other members can find you. Log in and go to Member Editor to edit your Business Category.
2019 GSHRM Membership Meeting Dates
All are lunchtime and held at the Poinsett Club unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, April 2nd
- May – No meeting (Annual Conference May 8-9)
- Tuesday, June 4th (New Member Orientation)
- July - No meeting
- Tuesday, August 6th
- Tuesday, September 10th (New Member Orientation)
- Tuesday, October 1st
- Tuesday, November 5th (New Member Orientation)
- Monday, December 9th - Evening Annual Meeting & Awards
- President - Debra Ham
- President-elect - Leanne Fuller
- Past President & HR Conference Chair - Nancy McCartney
- Treasurer - Andrew Wolff
- Treasurer-elect - Freda Lark
- Legislative Affairs Director - Mark Bakker
- Membership Director - Courtney Goforth
- Workforce Readiness Director - Kelly Shumaker
- Sponsorship Director - Susan Jones
- Student & Early Career Director - Jennifer Floyd (Year 2)
- Professional Development Director - Clarence Wong (Year 2)
- Diversity & Inclusion Director - Jada Magiera (Year 2)
- Communications Director - Jenni Stone (Year 2)
- Chapter Operations Director - Laura Bogardus
- Latest legislative updates
- Join a committee
- Mentoring program
- Employment resources
- Job Mart job postings
- ...and more
Sponsor or Advertise